Security is found in the Lord, not in followers. Psalm 127:1 says, “Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.”
Unless God remains the focus of all that you do, your labor is in vain. Regardless of our profession, we can’t fight, build, or plan well enough to gain permanence. Smart leaders don’t add God to the equation, they put him front and center. It’s only He who provides the strategy. It’s only God who provides the security, so don’t be looking for that from others. Let me share a list of rules to consider regarding security and people:
- People cannot provide permanent security.
- Leaderships should never put their emotional health in the hands of another person.
- Spiritual and emotional health requires the truth.
- Leaders must remember that hurting people usually hurt people.
- Troubles usually happen when leaders depend on people to do what only God can.